DauphineDreams: Writings About the Travels of Life

In 2005, I created this blog as a real time journal of my post-Katrina experience and have continued it to this day. The mini-essays, observations and little bits of "flash nonfiction" published here now span several continents and almost a decade of my life. I hope you enjoy them! Note: The entries are copyrighted and cannot be republished either in print or electronically without the written permission of the author.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Taos, New Mexico, United States

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

UPDATE


Its been a while my friends, so here’s the latest in a very compact nutshell. In November of 2010, I jumped ship in Valencia, Spain after a life-changing voyage on the HERACLITUS that, in total, lasted almost nine months. I finished my master’s thesis, got the MFA and begun the inevitable scratching of one’s head that transpires after one receives a rather abstract advanced degree in a depressed economy. Well, now I can put the words “MFA” after my name…yoohoo! For a nano-second, I plunged into the search for some kind of university teaching work to no avail. Then in November 2011, I received additional training in life coaching and now have a small p/t clientele whom I coach in time management, goal setting and book writing (see my coaching website and corresponding blog at www.asyourword.com). I love this work!  At the same time, I also began in earnest the process of novel writing which I promptly abandoned in the face of setting up this new business. Now, a little under one year later, I am  taking it up again (and subsequently dealing with all the guilt of not working on it all these months). Oh yeah, and in two weeks, I leave for Taos, New Mexico, where I will be graced with steady work for a while and a little time to regroup, resettle, and push the reset button….

And in the middle of it all, I met S.B. Could he be THE ONE? And does being with THE ONE have to be so darn confusing? At any rate, what is clear is that I would like this one to be for “the long haul” and I think I have shed for a while the external wanderlust that has taken me all over the world and back…and am now packing my bags to step into a more internal/eternal journey. Being with S.B. for the last 16 months has helped me to grow (ie grow up) in leaps and bounds.  Our relationship has forced me to look at my own patterns, impatience, anger issues, basically the whole enchilada. Is it worth it? You bet! And so it goes, the endlessly-meandering path that one calls life…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home