DauphineDreams: Writings About the Travels of Life

In 2005, I created this blog as a real time journal of my post-Katrina experience and have continued it to this day. The mini-essays, observations and little bits of "flash nonfiction" published here now span several continents and almost a decade of my life. I hope you enjoy them! Note: The entries are copyrighted and cannot be republished either in print or electronically without the written permission of the author.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Taos, New Mexico, United States

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Eyeris

Dear one I never knew...

Thank you for leading me and my dog down the little trail that led us to you. We almost turned back but a glint along the trail opened up a world. It was your world wasn't it? I would have liked to have known you but somehow I am not sad that you are no longer here. Because I feel as if you are here in all your uniqueness. Yes! You have inspired me with color and you will be there on the page, in a character (or two) immorralized. I don't know what happened to you but I know you were 100% unique while you were here...and that you still are. Live on Eyeris and thank you for showing up, for expressing, for traveling and for showing me your "eye."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home