DauphineDreams: Writings About the Travels of Life

In 2005, I created this blog as a real time journal of my post-Katrina experience and have continued it to this day. The mini-essays, observations and little bits of "flash nonfiction" published here now span several continents and almost a decade of my life. I hope you enjoy them! Note: The entries are copyrighted and cannot be republished either in print or electronically without the written permission of the author.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Taos, New Mexico, United States

Friday, February 06, 2015

Early Morning Train Blog

Home

Green green green
Blue blue blue
Brown like skin
Like fresh tilling
Like life

Stuck in the concrete cocoon
Of the city
The eyesight narrows
Until desperation makes
Fake palm trees and weeds
Shooting from cracks in bare sidewalks
A balm really
The only thing the eyes can see

Sparrows poking at cookie crumbs
And old McDonald's boxes
Are welcome strangers

But here
The passing scene
Is one I wish to immerse myself in
Become one with
Breathe in
Join together

And the pines
My oldest friends
Snow
Reminds me that there more
Than just one season
Life from clouds in blue blue sky
Life for my eyes
Surrounded by nature
The only life there is.

So glad to be home!

Nikki Lyn Pugh (c) 2015

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home